Metro interface in WINDOWS 8 is drastic change in user interface since its first version. Its a tile based interface is simple and clean. The Tiles have replaced the traditional icons. Tile are application launcher as well as a auto updating widget that can be anything you want. Metro interface is basically optimized for the for touch screen , but is also great with keyboard and mouse also.
But what if you have older version and want Windows 8 metro theme for Windows 7 or XP? Simple way is to get this Windows 8 transformation pack. Download it, install it and you are done. Its just simple. Here are steps.
|Windows Metro Theme for XP|
- Rainmeter is a simple desktop customization tool that you have to install in your computer which works with Windows 7, XP and Vista.
- With the help of Rainmeter you can create your own theme containing the basic icons or tiles, applets, widgets and so on. Its a limitless customization.
- You can easily make the Metro UI only with the Rainmeter but if you don't want to waste time and just want a ready-made get Omnimo which is a simple prebuit Metro theme works on Reainmeter.
- The Omnimo itself also have too many flavors categorized as Basic, Designer, picture, time tools, utilities, news and info, entertainment and more. Browse through the gallery and download what you like.
- After downloading appropriate theme you just apply it using Rainmeter software.